What does a raw diet consist of?
A raw dog diet must always have:
- Calcium: 12% - 15% bone
- Ex: chicken wings, necks, legs, or thighs
- Multi-Vitamins: 10% - 30%
- Organs are the nutrient-rich parts of the animal which provide most of the vitamins for your dog to be healthy
- Ex: liver, kidney, spleen, testicles
- Once you have chosen your meaty bones and organs, the rest of the diet should consist of lean meats
- Ex: ground beef, turkey, lamb, and bison
- Keep Diet low in fats: no more than 10%
- Meats low in fat: chicken necks with no skin, pork loin, rabbit, chicken or turkey light meat with no skin
- Spruce the diet up with fruits and vegetables: juice them, puree them, or steam them first
- Benefits: add prebiotics (fiber), chlorophyll (detoxifier), Carotenoids (antioxidants)
- Keep it starch-free:
- Starchy food creates a hormone called insulin which causes your dog to store a lot of its food as fat. In addition, eating too much starch can disrupt the microbes that live in the digestive tract which help your baby’s immune system and vitamins.
- Feed Fish once a week: 5% of the whole diet
- Ex: sardines, smelts, herring, mackerel
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.